Diesel turbo can also be known as turbo diesel. The diesel engines which are equipped with turbochargers are known by such names. These turbo helps in increasing the amount of air going inside the engine. People prefer the diesel turbo for their car because these turbochargers can increase the efficiency level of their cars. Even people will get the best fuel economy by installing the diesel turbo system. There are many types’ turbochargers available in the market. The different types are as follow:
- Single turbo
- Twin turbo
- Twin scroll turbo
- Electric Turbo
- Variable twin scroll turbo
- Variable geometry turbo
What are the benefits of diesel turbo systems?
There are many benefits of turbo-diesel. It not only helps increasing the power of the engine but also the efficiency of the car. The advantages of using turbo-diesel are as follow:
1. They helps in getting better mileage: A diesel car with turbo in it can provide with 30 to 35% extra mileage as compared to other cars with petrol engines. They are a good performer than traditional gasoline engines. You should keep in mind that the model of the car plays a vital role if you are talking about fuel economy performance. Diesel engines deliver better performance than gasoline engines and you can easily save the running cost of your car by installing the diesel turbo system.
2. More efficient: Diesel engines with turbo installed provide more efficient performance than any other engines. They also help in creating a better fuel economy. This happens as they help in reducing the space for the engine. It is a big advantage for those who are interested in racing or have to cover a long distance. Diesel engines are most useful for high altitude places.
3. They do not need get heated easily: A diesel engine car does not need any ignition plugs or something. This helps the engine in maintain its temperature and not getting heated easily. Turbo diesel is advantageous for those who do not give their car in service and do not get it inspected regularly. Diesel engines do not require any special maintenance in order to perform better. They area durable and they can increase the performance level of your car without any prior maintenance.
4. It works quietly: They face the challenge of high compression. The reason why diesel turbo are in demand these days is that they perform better and smoothly. They increase the power to weight ration of the engine this is generally required in aero engines. It helps in maintaining peace that is they work quietly while performing their task.
How would you maintain your diesel turbo engine?
Maintenance of diesel turbo is very easy. You just need to take few steps in order to maintain your engine. The tips for maintain your car engine is as follow:
You need to monitor the coolant of your car’s engine. This is the most important tip to follow. Get your coolant checked once in a month. You should get your activity levels checked regularly.
Keep the engines clean. It is very important for the preservation of the engines. Your turbo diesel will get damaged easily if dust gets inside it. You need to clean the engine and remove dirt, dust and grease from the turbo system.
Get your fuel filters changed regularly. They should be replaced after every 10-15k miles. Generally, all new diesel cars will have double duel filters which can be changed approximately after 15 miles.
Get your engine oil changed after every 5k miles as it is very important in order to keep away the rust. If your car or truck is being used for heavy purposes, then you should get it changed more regularly.